Sunday 9 October 2011

Toucan - Coloured Pencil Painting

My Toucan is finished ... I have used Fabriano Artistico watercolour paper and Polychromos coloured pencils.   I am pretty happy with it and my feather work is getting better, although I didn't quite achieve the nice curve of his shoulder.     Anyway this is just a quick post ... have some tangly news for you all next week.  Cheers for now ... Jane x  

Edit to add:  The correct name for this bird is a Keel Billed Toucan ... I used Faber-Castell Polychromos artists' colour pencils on Fabriano Artistico Hot Pressed Extra White Watercolour Paper - 300gsm.

Once again my photo reference was taken by Tambako

1 comment:

  1. Jane, your art work is beautiful. Feathers on the Toucan are very realistic....puffy and light. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete